Zalo DS Blog

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Atom, my first DS game


Finally I have done it :P I have finished my first game for the nintendo ds done by myself. Well, it is a very simple game, but it doesn't matter


Atom is a game where you control an atom and have to avoid the electrons coming against you. During these weeks I have been working not only in that game but in my library... in fact, almost all the time I was doing library stuff. But now I have a more complete library and a game estructure that I will use for my next projects (so, things are supposed to be easy now)

The game finally uses float :P Althought I can change it to Fixed point with a typedef in the code. But for the game to work properly with them I needed 64 bits integers, and they are not supposed to be faster than floats whatever people say.

Now I have in mind a new project, let's see if I can finish it soon. These days I am very busy working in other things (nothing to do with computers this time :) )

You can find Atom here: Atom

If you want the source code, please ask for it

9 Comments:

  • Nice! May be it is a little fast for me, I can hold more than 10 seconds :-P. I suggest to exit the game over screen with the touch screen, not the start button, but anyway it is your game. Good job!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 05, 2006 8:02 PM  

  • Thx, Chino ^_^
    I had problems exiting with the touch screen because when the game is over the player still is touching the screen, so you never saw the Game Over message.

    It was a fast solution to change this and use Start button instead, but I know it looks strange :P

    Anyway I am not going to do anything else with this game. I am working in other things now... and I have a problem... A WII HAS GOT INTO MY HOUSE!!!!!! So, I think I won't make any code in a few weeks XDD

    By Blogger Zalo, at December 05, 2006 10:38 PM  

  • jajajaaj the game is very funny, i can hold 30 seconds, and chino saw yesterday.

    i cant play more,i play the new zelda for wii full time. jaajajaj

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 08, 2006 2:21 PM  

  • I can play during 1:30... that's my record; and without a strong effort I must add :P

    By Blogger Zalo, at December 08, 2006 6:21 PM  

  • Too bad I borrowed the DS to a friend, I'll have to wait until monday to try it on your DS :P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 10, 2006 5:42 PM  

  • Hey i did 1:10 !!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 12, 2006 10:28 PM  

  • heeyyy, good job Zalo!!!! Its very funny, simple but addictive!!.
    Congratulations!!! (although, my Sudoku is much better :P :P)

    I can hold 1:31 seconds!!!! jajajaja, nooo! my personal record is 58 seconds :D :D

    Salu2

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 12, 2006 10:56 PM  

  • I scored 2:10 !!!! Try to beat that (without touching the sources :P)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 13, 2006 8:04 PM  

  • I am already tired of this game :P

    By Blogger Zalo, at December 13, 2006 11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home